Sunday 12 August 2012

What constitutes a Capetonian?

Taken from capetown.conferences.co.za
Originally from Gauteng, I have always wondered why I have such an affliction with Cape Town.  You see, I consider myself Capetonian through and through, even though I wasn’t born here. This got me thinking... besides being born in Cape Town and living here, what makes one a Capetonian?

Here are my reasons for considering myself a Capetonian:

I love the ocean and all that it entails. The cold water of the Cape does not bother me and I enjoy to surf and swim often. The beauty and variety of the Cape inspires me and makes me long for Cape Town when I am away. I am laidback by nature and the mode and pace of Cape Town allows me to live life at my own speed. The lifestyle here may not be one of wealth like Joberg, but it is one of safety and freedom. I love all that Cape Town is and am proud to live here. I love living here and cannot imagine living anywhere else.

What are your reasons for calling yourself a Capetonian?

No comments:

Post a Comment